Updated January 24, 2023
At InterActive Legal, we take your privacy seriously. This Privacy Notice applies to all Interactive Legal websites, products, services, and applications that link to it; it also applies to in-person, over-the-phone, electronic communications; and online services provided by InterActive Legal (collectively referred to herein as the “Services”).
Before you use our Services, please read this Privacy Notice in its entirety, as it contains important information on who we are and how and why we collect, store, use, and share your personal information. It also explains your rights in relation to your personal information. If you have questions about this Privacy Notice, please do not hesitate to ask!
202 N. Harbor City Blvd, Suite 200
Melbourne, FL 32935 USA
1. Key Terms. It would be helpful to start by explaining some key terms used in this policy:
(a) “We”, “our”, and “us” refer to the operators of InterActive Legal. Currently, this is ILS Management LLC, but we have the right to change this legal entity at any time and without notice to you.
(b) “You” refers to anyone who accesses our website, subscribes to, or utilizes our Services.
(c) “Primary User” or “End User” or “Customer” refers to an individual who subscribes to or downloads our services or has authorized access to our services. Primary Users refer to the company or law firm administrator or managing attorney for subscription agreements with multiple users.
(d) “End User Client” refers to an entity or individual represented by a Primary or End User. We process information relating to End User Clients but do not request or collect End User Client information. For that reason, this Notice does not apply to End User Clients or information related to End User Clients. For additional information on our handling of this information, please see our Client Data Summary available at https://interactivelegal.com/security-privacy-center/.
2. Personal Information We Collect About You. We collect certain personal information from you to provide and administer our services to you and to improve our Services’ features and content. Certain Personal information is required to purchase, access, and effectively use our Services. If you choose not to provide personal information, it may delay or prevent us from providing the Services to you.
We may collect and use the following personal information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.
Contact Information and other Identifiers, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, and other information that enables us to contact you.
Verification Information, including your personal photograph, photo ID or government issued identification, and date of birth.
Professional and Employment-Related Information, including your company name, company address, company phone, contact person name, title, role, team members names, emails, practice areas, and other information about your profession. For employee candidates, we may collect in addition to contact information defined above, resumes, salary information and any other information you choose to submit with an employment application.
Payment Information, including your credit or debit card details, bank account information, and payment or other information required when you make a purchase.
Utilization Information, including how frequently you visit our Website or use our Services, and what types of Services you use.
Communications, and any other information that you intentionally share, send, or receive using the Services, including your e-mail, SMS, Slack, requests made through feedback platforms, automated chatbots or similar technology, calendar invitations, and any other information you choose to share with us — including your photos, videos, blog entries, interests, hobbies, lifestyle choices, and groups with which you are affiliated — and that you send or receive using the Services.
Device and Usage Information, including information about your computer or device and Internet or other electronic network activity information. This includes:
Device identifiers, such as IP address, WIFI MAC address, hardware model, operating system, mobile network information, and Bluetooth address.
Geolocation information, such as through your mobile device’s GPS signal or WIFI signal, and information about your contacts, depending on your device settings.
Information about your online activity, including information collected using standard Internet technologies, such as cookies, pixels, web beacons, logs, and other Internet technologies.
Social Media. We may collect Personal Information to enable you to use our social media accounts to login to our Services. If you register or log into your account through a third-party social media service, we will have access to some of your account information from that service, such as your name and other information in your social media account, as authorized by your settings on that service.
Third-Party Sources. We may obtain Personal Information about you from your company or firm. We also may receive your Personal Information from publicly and commercially available sources, as permitted by law and other third parties with whom we have an arrangement. We combine this information with Personal Information or other information that we receive from or about you, where necessary to provide the Services you requested.
Google and Other Third-Party Analytics. We use a tool called “Google Analytics” to collect information about the use of our Website Services (e.g., Google Analytics collects information such as how often users visit the Website Services, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other sites they used prior to visiting the Website Services). Google Analytics collects only the IP address assigned to you on the date that you visit the Website Services, rather than your name or other identifying information. The information collected using Google Analytics is not combined with your Personal Information. You can learn more about how Google Analytics collects and processes data and opt-out options at http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. We also may use other third-party analytics tools to collect similar information about use of certain online Services. See below section 8 regarding your opt-out rights.
Other Personal Information. We also collect instant messenger and social media screen names, usernames and passwords, relationship to emergency point of contact, as well as any Personal Information that you add to your user network or community profile or include in content you post on our community pages, forums, and network.
3. How and Why We Use Your Personal Information. We use the personal information we collect for the following purposes:
- To provide you with our Products and Services;
- To protect against fraud, abuse, or harm;
- To respond to or fulfill customer service requests;
- To analyze or improve our Products and Services;
- To contact you about our Services and promotions;
- To tailor and provide you with relevant advertising,
- To enhance your engagement with us, and otherwise communicate with you through various means, which may include by email, telephone, postal mail, or by other means as communicated to you from time to time; and
- To comply with our legal obligations and enforce our legal rights, such as, among other things, to exercise contractual rights, to comply with financial reporting obligations, court orders, warrants, or subpoenas in accordance with applicable law.
- To generate anonymized and aggregated information from your use of the Services to measure your interest in and use of portions or features of the Services, and for other similar purposes.
4. Who We Share Your Personal Information With. Interactive Legal values the privacy and security of your information and unless (i) it is allowed by applicable law; and (ii) we have consent, we do not sell your personal information.
We share your Personal Information in limited circumstances to our service providers and advertisers to provide our Services and to improve ways of working in our community. Where required by applicable law, we will only share your Personal Information with third parties with your consent. We will require all parties receiving your Personal Information to take appropriate measures to protect your Personal Information and to process your Personal Information only for the purpose of providing services to us and to you.
We may disclose and exchange information as follows:
- Among InterActive Legal. We may share your Personal Information among InterActive Legal businesses or entities depending on where you are located and the Services that you use. We use your information in accordance with this Policy, and we share this information for our administrative purposes including activities such as IT management, for them to provide services to you, or to support and supplement the Services that we provide.
- Our Community. Our Services include online and offline communities, forums, networks, and other features through which you may share information and connect with others. This includes:
- Our Practitioner Referral Network, in which We share basic law firm information (such as the firm address, phone, email, point of contact, and practice areas) with other Subscribers. You may opt-out of our Practitioner Referral Network at any time by written notice to Us.
- User/Subscriber networks, chat rooms, forums, and/or other groups available to users. Remember that anyone can read, collect, or use your postings on a network or forum or in a chat room or group and we cannot be responsible for any unauthorized third party’s use of information that you publicly disclose online.
- Permitting Users to create their own profiles on our networks or forums. Typically, such a profile contains your name, the name of your firm or company, and other information you provide or add to your profile (content, comments, photos, etc.). Depending on the Services you use, this profile might be created automatically and be accessible to other users of the network or forum. User profile information is accessible to all users. You can also share your profile with a broader audience (e.g., via social media).
- We also may share information about you with others in the community to provide you with certain features. For example, if you sign up for a professional event, we may provide the event organizer with your Contact and Professional Information you have shared with us.
- Utilization. Information on the utilization of our services by individual End Users may be shared with the Primary User of the organization.
- Suppliers and Vendors. We rely on various third parties to perform a variety of services on our behalf and to help us grow and improve our business. We take steps to ensure that where we share your Personal Information with these third parties that they act only in line with our instructions and on our behalf, or otherwise use Personal Information as described in this Notice.
- Security Providers. Our Services may require certain security measures that capture personal information. For example, we may require the use of reCAPTCHA forms and multi-factor authentication provided by third-party security providers.
- Research / Survey Solicitations. From time to time, we will share your Personal Information to perform research (online and offline) via surveys on our behalf. Participation is voluntary, and we will use the information that we collect for research and reporting purposes, and to help us to improve the quality of our Services. We use the survey responses to determine the effectiveness of our Services, including the quality of our communications and our advertising and/or promotional activities. If you participate in a survey, your responses will be used along with other participants’ responses.
- Other Parties in Connection with a Corporate Transaction. We disclose or share your information if we purchase, sell, finance, transfer, or acquire all or a portion of a business or assets, such as in connection with a merger, or in the event of a bankruptcy reorganization or liquidation.
- Other Third-Party Partners, With Your Consent. We may request your consent to share Personal Information about you with certain third parties so that they can provide you with special offers, promotional materials, and other materials that may be of interest to you. With your consent, we also use and publicize your name, likeness, and other personal characteristics and private information for advertising, promotion, and other commercial and business purposes
- Law Enforcement and Regulatory Requests. We may disclose your information to law enforcement agencies and regulatory bodies to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
5. Where Your Personal Information is Held. In accordance with applicable laws, we keep and store your information to provide you with the Services and for the uses identified in this Notice. We may also retain or use your information as necessary to comply with our policies, legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Information may be held at our offices, third party agencies, service providers, representatives and agents as described above (see above: “Who We Share Your Personal Information with”). This means that your Personal Information may be shared and stored outside of the jurisdiction in which it was collected, and privacy laws could differ from and may not be as protective as those where you live.
InterActive Legal Services are intended for access and use in the United States. Any information we collect about you may be stored, transferred, processed, or accessed by us in the United States, or to the extent permitted by law, any other country where our service providers operate. If you are located outside of the United States and allow us to collect your personal information, please be aware that we may, where permitted by law, transfer your personal information to other countries, including the United States, and process and store it there. By allowing us to collect your personal information, you consent to having your personal data transferred to, processed, and stored in the United States.
6. Keeping Your Personal Information Secure. We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost or used or accessed in an unauthorized way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to access it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorized manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Examples of how we protect your information include:
- Access Controls: we restrict your personal information to employees and service providers who need to know to provide services to you
- Encryption of data in transit and at rest.
- Multifactor Authentication
Additional information about our security measures can be found at https://interactivelegal.com/security-privacy-center/.
BECAUSE EMAIL COMMUNICATIONS ARE NOT ALWAYS SECURE, IF YOU SEND SUCH INFORMATION VIA EMAIL, WE CANNOT GUARANTEE SECURITY OF SUCH INFORMATION.
7. Children’s Privacy. Our Services are not directed to children, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children except as permitted under applicable law. If we become aware that a child has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files or obtain parental consent in accordance with applicable law.
8. Your Rights. We value your rights to your data.
- Do Not Sell. As mentioned above, we do not sell your Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. However, we may partner with other organizations to run events or programs. The Personal Information and other information that you provide to sign up or participate in that event or program will be available to that organization, and you may receive emails or other communications from it after the event. Please refer to that organization’s privacy notice for information on how to opt-out of its communications.
- Opt-Out Rights. You have the right to opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time by:
- Contacting us at email@example.com;
- Using the “unsubscribe” link in emails or “STOP” number in texts;
- Withdraw Consent. You have the right to withdraw consent to our collection or sharing of your personal information, as provided in this Notice and by applicable law. If you do not consent to our collection and use of your Personal Information or request to delete your Personal Information, this may result in a termination of your user account and your ability to use the Services.
- Cancellation requests. You have the right to cancel your online account if one has been created. This provision shall not be construed as allowing the termination of any subscription agreement or contract that You may have with Us. Our subscription services require you to have an active online account with Us.
- State Law Privacy Rights. In accordance with applicable state laws, you may have the right to:
- Request confirmation of whether we store, use, or share any of your Personal Information and be informed about third parties with whom your Personal Information has been shared;
- Obtain access to or a copy of your Personal Information;
- Receive an electronic copy of the Personal Information that you have provided to us, or ask us to send that information to another company;
- Restrict our uses of your Personal Information or, as described above, object to those uses or restrict our sharing of your Personal Information;
- Seek correction of inaccurate, partial, untrue, or incomplete Personal Information; in some cases, we may provide self-service tools that enable you to update your Personal Information;
- Request erasure, anonymization, or blocking of Personal Information held about you by InterActive Legal, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law, when processing is based on your consent or when processing is unnecessary, excessive or noncompliant; or
- Object to an automated decision InterActive Legal has made and request the review of decisions taken exclusively based on automated processing if that could affect data subject rights.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will process all such requests in accordance with local laws applicable to you.
To protect your privacy, InterActive Legal will take steps to verify your identity before granting access or making any changes to your Personal Information. Any personal information we collect from you to verify your identity in connection with your request will be used solely for the purposes of verification.
We are not obligated to make a data access or data portability disclosure if we cannot verify that the person making the request is the person about whom we collected information or is someone authorized to act on such person’s behalf.
We display advertisements and other content from third parties or partners that link to third-party websites that we do not own or operate. We provide links to these third-party sites as a convenience to you. They are not intended as an endorsement of or referral to the linked services. The linked services are subject to their separate and independent privacy statements, notices, and terms. Additionally, third parties may sell goods or offer services at our facilities or in combination with our Services. We are not responsible for those third parties’ services or their privacy practices.
We cannot control or be held responsible for third parties’ privacy practices and content. Please read their privacy policies to find out how they collect and process your Personal Information prior to submitting any Personal Information. The collection, use, and disclosure of your Personal Information will be subject to the privacy notices and policies of the third party and not this Notice. We are not responsible for the data collection, privacy, and information sharing policies and procedures or content of such third parties.
10. Changes to This Privacy Notice. We reserve the right to change, modify, add, or remove portions of this Policy at any time and at our sole discretion.
If we make any material changes to this Notice, we will notify you of those changes by posting them on the Services or by sending you an email or other notification, as required by applicable law, and we will update the “Last Updated” date to indicate when those changes became effective.
We encourage you to review this Notice periodically to remain informed of how we use and protect your information, and to be aware of any policy changes. Your continued relationship with us after the posting or notice of any amended Notice shall constitute your agreement to be bound by any such changes. Any changes to this Notice take effect immediately after being posted or otherwise provided by us.
202 N. Harbor City Blvd, Suite 200
Melbourne, FL 32935 USA